Max Out Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Assassins Creed 3 (Brotherhood)
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:18 pm by HuzzAltair

» The jordan shoes is amid probably the most well-knwon
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am by yiqianchi

» The Winter Sandals, Summer Fleece
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 am by yiqianchi

» The Jordan shoes have this sort of the large impact on fans
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am by yiqianchi

» I really want little big planet on 360...
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 am by AlphaDogOnline

» Custom Rank with image
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 am by AlphaDogOnline

» Black Ops - It's nearly here
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 am by Kingwayz

» PS3 MW2 10th Presteige Hack
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 am by AlphaDogOnline

» PlayStation Move
Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am by AlphaDogOnline

Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review

5 posters

Go down

Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review Empty Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review

Post by admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Released: May 18th 2010

The game starts on a long train ride, with your character John Marston listening in to the conversations of the other passengers. This train ride most gamers will skip, but I decided to sit there and listen to what the other characters have to say for themselves, and this is one of the best features of Red Dead Redemption. The intresting and in depth storyline which they create! Each little snippet of John Marston's story which is revealed to you makes you longing to find out more, keeping you glued to the controller.

Without spoiling a good storyline John Marston's done some bad things in his time, and is now living to regret them, but is trying to go clean and make a living the honest way, but the powers that be just wont let him...

Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption is an original game, but still keeps some of the recognisable traits of Rockstar's greatest hit, Grand Theft Auto, which is what makes it so attractive. There aren't many games which can offer a bigger gaming world then Red Dead Redemption, and although again many gamers may choose to simply ride about 100 yards on their trusty steed and then make camp and skip to the next location (quite similar to Fallout), choosing to ride to some places will let the gamer appreciate the full glory of the world which Rockstar have created!

The gameplay is open as well, leaving the gamer open to the option which will influence the characters story. You can choose to be the good guy who helps everyone and kills all the bad guys *hooray!*, or alternatively, the fun way, by killing everyone who gets in your way. This albeit is very fun, and mildly satisfying will unfortunately bring the cops! They don't have so much as a presence as they do in Grand Theft Auto. It's just not as daunting being chased by 5 men on horse back as it is being chased by 4 police vehicles, 5 swat cars, and two helicopters... See even now, whats seems more scary, 5 men on horses (oooo nooo!), or 9 cars and 2 helicopters?

There is a downside to the game which I found very prominant, it is very glitchy, very glitchy indeed! I had several cutscenes where John Marston was talking to invisible people, where people feel through the floor, and even a point where a building moved! These problems won't be around for very long as Rockstar will patch them pretty soon... Hopefully.

The multiplayer I think is another brilliantly thought out aspect of the game. There is the usual game play of Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch (free for all), but also the added bonus's of games like capture the bag (no not call of duty capture the flag Wink). This one is a bit more fun then the Call of Duty capture the flag, as this mode you can run around, pick up a bag of gold which you sling over your shoulder (be careful though you may get shot in the process). When your carrying the bag of gold, don't go into any 1 v 1 battles with others, JUST RUN, because while your carrying a bag you are not as agile and your sprinting speed is reduced and you can't do evasive action of rolling to dodge incoming fire. If your carrying two bags, then you really do have to run to drop them off before getting shot. There are specified drop off points which are viewable on the map so you can easily see where your target is, and how far away you are.

The other multiplayer game types I won't go into too much detail as I wouldn't want to spoil the supprise...

If your still considering whether to buy this game, I say buy it! It's one of those games which is brilliantly made with an individual and unique style of gameplay that is attractive to all gamers!

RATING: 9/10
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.maxoutforum.com

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review

Post by Bryanx54 Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Very good review of a very good game for those who like these sort of games then this for you. Also the online gameplay is good too check it out.
Bryanx54
Bryanx54
Admin

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption - Max Out Forum Review

Post by Pwn3d Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:56 pm

So I should definately buy this then?
Pwn3d
Pwn3d

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryanx54 Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Depends what you are into, if you like adventure games and games like the Grand theft auto series then this is the game for you.
Bryanx54
Bryanx54
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwn3d Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I think ill invest in this game Razz
Pwn3d
Pwn3d

Back to top Go down

Post by christiancrusader Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 am

can i just sad i meant to press the + button on this game not the - one, sorry!
christiancrusader
christiancrusader

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am

No problem lol just try not to do it again Wink
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.maxoutforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ-SCOTT09 Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:39 am

Nice review, I don't think red dead redemption is my kind of game. I love grand theft auto iv, well grand theft auto episodes from librity is basicly the same with a different story line/lines...
DJ-SCOTT09
DJ-SCOTT09
PS3 Team Member
PS3 Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down