Max Out Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Assassins Creed 3 (Brotherhood)
Sony and their copying spree EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:18 pm by HuzzAltair

» The jordan shoes is amid probably the most well-knwon
Sony and their copying spree EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am by yiqianchi

» The Winter Sandals, Summer Fleece
Sony and their copying spree EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 am by yiqianchi

» The Jordan shoes have this sort of the large impact on fans
Sony and their copying spree EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am by yiqianchi

» I really want little big planet on 360...
Sony and their copying spree EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 am by AlphaDogOnline

» Custom Rank with image
Sony and their copying spree EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 am by AlphaDogOnline

» Black Ops - It's nearly here
Sony and their copying spree EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 am by Kingwayz

» PS3 MW2 10th Presteige Hack
Sony and their copying spree EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 am by AlphaDogOnline

» PlayStation Move
Sony and their copying spree EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am by AlphaDogOnline

Sony and their copying spree

4 posters

Go down

Sony and their copying spree Empty Sony and their copying spree

Post by admin Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Ok, albeit the PS3 is a good console, no one can deny that Sony is a serial copier! This is just a small list of the things that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Achievements/Gamerscore

• Yes that's right, when the 360 came out, the players had the ability to complete certain things within the game to unlock Gamerscore. This was a really big idea which became popular with the gamers very quickly. Low and behold PS3 then created 'Trophies' to jump onto this fad of collecting achievements as records of your in game success. This is without a doubt (and don't deny it PS3 gamers) an outright copy of Xbox, come on, achievements, trophies??

• Also, the Xbox did it much better then the PS3 as it just has that more friendly appeal to it, rather then the PS3's different types of trophy (gold, silver, bronze, etc..) it is easier for xbox games as they are done in numbers. This may not be the case for all gamers but I find the number system to be much more appealing

2. Avatars/Playstation Home

• PS3 home is the biggest fail ever at copying a successful fad at the moment. No one can deny the PS3 home sucks! I checked it out today with modernpipes (the PS3 admin (who likes PS3's, emphasis on why he's PS3 admin)) and even he admitted that PS3 home was so awful it was funny. In fact we spent about an hour on it, laughing at just how awful it was.

• The fact is that Xbox live avatars make money by selling clothing because some of the clothing is actually decent, like a full set of armour off of COD, which sells for a couple of quid. With Playstion Home, it costs £0.79 for a badly made graphic shirt which (btw) is absolutely awfully made (if i didn't make that clear) and I could make it in about 3 minutes on paint!

• Ye it is in beta mode, but they also failed in doing it properly as the Avatar system on Xbox live doesn't mean you have to download a load of stuff to be able to walk around in a virtual world and do nothing. The Xbox live avatar system you can do nothing without downloading anything! Perfect!

3. Playstation Move

• Playstation Move is identical to the Wii, in every way. Theres a camera/sensor to pick up the movements of the two sticks with balls on the end (otherwise knows as remotes/controllers (which btw... are ugly...)) which is identical to the Wii's sensor, except this one looks like a camera not a bar!

• The fact it has 2 remotes/controllers, very similar to the Wii (Wii remote and numchuck).

• You cannot use the argument that the graphics will be better then the Wii, because at E3 they looked very similar to the Wii's graphics so they aren't really that different.

• It is not as good as the Wii for the simple reason there will not be as many games on it as there are on the Wii as the Wii has been around for a lot longer, so obviously there will be more games.

• Isn't the timing a bit convenient..? Xbox release some brand new technology in Kinect so Sony are just like 'Dam, we need to do something quick, think of something... er... I know Playstation Move! We haven't copied the Wii yet!... Ye! Brilliant Idea!!!!'

Ok, I think I've had enough of this childish rant against the PS3. I just thought I'd get across that PS3 have copied 360. If anyone thinks this isn't enough evidence then say and I'll get round to writing some more when I get more free time.
admin
admin
Admin

http://www.maxoutforum.com

Back to top Go down

Sony and their copying spree Empty Re: Sony and their copying spree

Post by Ryankr Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:49 pm

ok first of all you cannot rightly say that sony have copied either avatars or gamerscore for the simple reason that it was released just 3 months after the release date of the Xbox 360, this leaves sony no time at all to copy any of these features because all of these have been present in the playstation from the start, and by this time they would have been in mass production to be ready for the big launch. So there is no way of them being able to copy this from the 360. As for playstation home, how has this copied the avatars on xbox?? theyre completely different, playstation home creates a whole world for your own character to walk around in and discover what the playstation network has to offer virtuall rather than looking at a list of things in the store.

Playstation move, there is a great similarity between that and the wii, it obviously needs to controllers because imagine the dificulty of tring to move one controller for one function, whilst moving the character, and using the buttons to do other things ALL at one with just one hand. I would be impossible so obviously it needs two controllers. As for the amount of games, well come on of course its gonna have more! the wii has been around for months thats just obvious, as for the quality of the game, i agree the graphics of "sorcerer" or wteva was just the same as most standard wii games however looking at the tiger woods golfing game, you cannot argue that the scenery was by far more impressive than what can be seen on wii sports or sports resort, albeit the AI of Tiger Woods himself was a little off. Overall this is a massive improvement, because how many times have you tried swinging a golf club on the wii only for it to just mess up or spazz randomly and the putting, same problem. At the conference the functionality of the controllers looks much more impressive.

And finally, we made our console YEARS before you made yours so you could argue that your entire console and franchise was copied from us and every single penny that Xbox has made is because they copied a console that was making millions and jumped on the band waon
Ryankr
Ryankr
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Ok,
PS1 - Awful
PS2 - Ok

Xbox original - Best console in existance, PERIOD!

So we beat u Razz

And do you really think it takes long to create the trophies system, they could probably knock that up in a week or so. Therefore there is proof.

To be honest there isn't much between the two consoles, and if I had the money I'd buy both, but I don't so I'm happy with my Xbox 360
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryankr Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:57 pm

lol yes it really does, theyd have to crate a trophy system in the sytem as well as EVERY game, to do it in the system itself may not take long but to do it across every game available takes time, and btw playstation 1 sold 60 MILLION units alone. Xbox sold 24 and xbox 360 sold 40. So our single playstation console sold nearly as much as BOTH your consoles together.
Ryankr
Ryankr
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryankr Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

the ps2 sold over 124 million units, so as far as im concerned the playstation 3 was a slip-up and come 2012 we'll be back woopin ass once more
Ryankr
Ryankr
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Nah.... i doubt it
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryankr Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:09 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2 playstation 2, sales are down the right hand side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation playstation 1, its in the second paragraph
Ryankr
Ryankr
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ-SCOTT09 Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I am really shocked by how low you have sunk! And, sorry, who made a new console with built in wi-fi and even made it slimmer? Well Sony is known for bringing out a console then making a slim re design, they are major copies, and it is not fair to say what you said in that thread. I see you have your xbox theme back again. Not cool at all bruv
DJ-SCOTT09
DJ-SCOTT09
PS3 Team Member
PS3 Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryankr Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

heheheee 2 against one Razz

but I know that the 360 is the superior console, and the PS3 is not Sad

Last edited by admin on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the truth must be spoken :P)
Ryankr
Ryankr
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaDogOnline Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 am

360 fan boys can't really say much to be honest, their new console has a touch sensitive power and eject disk buttons, as did the origional "Phat" playstation 3 system.
AlphaDogOnline
AlphaDogOnline
PS3 Admin
PS3 Admin

http://HomeSquareMagazine.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down